The 3rd rail livestream

Watch live streaming video from bingbangbooom at livestream.com

Friday, May 13, 2011

One goes out and another comes in...

Some might say it's bad luck to start a blog on Friday the 13th, lucky for me it's one of my lucky numbers. Jaime Abeytia a long time El Paso blogger, has shut down his service. Jaime has been a long time writer and radio host who brings a local perspective to the blogosphere and the radio waves.  I hosted the show right after his at KHRO and i learned that Jaime has always been the guy with the inside scoop on local politics.  I didn't always agree with the guy, but I'm going to miss his take.  The space left by his exit is going to be palpable and hard for anyone else out there to fill. To tell the truth, I think I'm going to miss his posts.

"Out of the death of something comes new life", at least that's how the saying goes. With his exit I decided to keep a blog, attached to my internet talk show the 3rd rail, to give a perspective on some of the subjects I cover.  It rarely has to do with local politics --that was Jaime's gig and he was good at it.  What I want to do is write about some of the things that piss me off, that i find interesting, or think should take some precedent in public discussion.  So it's with the waning of the Lionstar that I bring you the third rail.  I want to wish Jaime, someone who's been a big goddamn help to me in a lot of ways, the absolute best in whatever it is he endeavors upon.  I hope he keeps writing and speaking truth to power.  Bueno Suerte, Amigo!

As for the rest of you,  I don't expect agreement on any particular issue.  What I hope to facilitate is some measure of civil discourse, debate and dialogue. Please feel free to comment and discuss amongst yourselves and with me.  The only thing I ask is to keep it civil.

Happy Friday the 13th!

Chris and the 3rd rail

No comments:

Post a Comment